Early Childhood Center-School Year 2016-2017
"Play is the highest expression of human development."
Welcome to The One School At Temple Beth Am, Celebrating the Whole Child. We understand and respect that every child is essentially, ‘the one.’ Every child is unique. The specifics of how we nurture and grow each child are dependent entirely upon the needs of the child. This is how we celebrate each child - by engaging him or her at his or her point of need. The One School partners with every parent to ensure every child is championed and educated as an individual.
The One School is a NAEYC Accredited, Reggio Emilia Nature-inspired school, serving ages 18 months to five years. The One School offers certified teachers, a low student/teacher ratio, an emergent creative curriculum and specialty areas of study including science, art, music, foreign language and nature study. The One School’s curricula are supplemented by young family programs and parenting workshops, an infant and toddler program, Family Center, Summer Camp, after school enrichment classes and an active and instrumental Parent Teacher Organization. A commitment to contribute to the community and the world at large is also a part of the school’s social justice philosophy.
Friday, August 31, 2012
I hope you will join us at the family center to discuss strategies and share your thoughts about how to choose your battles and maintain harmony in your household.
Sara Walsh ( a previous preschool parent) and LCSW will lead our first Palm Beaches RoundTable Program
Do not miss this on Wednesday September 5th at 9:15 a.m. RSVP preschool- 747-3339 or Yael 646-373-7572
Monday, August 27, 2012
Friday, August 24, 2012
This service is optional!
Some important information you may like to know!
• Did I pick the right school for my child? - Yes
• Is my child spending too much time playing?
• No- Play is a child’s work. Seems like simply playing- yet this type of learning is crucial in that is self-initiated, ongoing, and transferrable to other learning situations. It builds executive function!
• Is my child getting enough intellectual stimulation?
• Yes- We will develop all areas of abilities - cognitive, social-emotional, language as well as physical development.
• What is Process Learning?
• Process learning conceives of learning in terms of its processes rather than its product.
• The focus is to provide children experiences that promote thinking and problem-solving with specifically identified outcomes.
• In process learning, children not only learn by doing but also reflect on the learning process itself and are able to transfer the information learned in one process or learning situation to another.
• Play is the answer to the question" How does anything new ever come about” Jean Piaget
Monday, August 20, 2012
Enjoy a look at our first day of preschool! Staff will be posting in their own sites!
|Scrapbook design created with Smilebox|
Friendships for young children begin in Preschool.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Oh what fun we had at the Ice Cream Social! Our preschool children visited their classrooms, met new and old friends and their new teachers. We loved the ice cream sundaes! Thank you to the PTO for sponsoring this event!
|Customize your own free digital slideshow|
Monday, August 6, 2012
The O'Possum is in the family of the Kangeroos. Jamine likes to sleep at night and loves garbage-watch out!!!
The Crested Kara Kara spread her wings to fly. She showed us her orange face that can turn yellow! We loved touching the ball python and found out this snake is not native to Florida. Did you know that snakes have no eyelids and sleep with their eyes open!
Willie the skunk came with his beautiful stripes. Skunks can be mean, but Willie became nice, with alot of love and attention!